Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pasta Salad with Yogurt Dressing


Ohhh... I've been missing here in action, haven't I? Well, blame it on pure lethargy... to write and post :( Though i have a dozen posts in drafts, they are just pics and i still need to do the writing... And just the way I am, I was too pre-occupied with other things that i didn't feel like blogging.

And today, there was a deadline for my next article in VK and I had to write! Writing as I was, i thought why not start posting something on my beloved blog as well and here I am....

This is one other salads that i make quite often, and had not made it to the blog yet. I usually make a salad to accompany a not-so-healthy meal, like pizza / lasagne, etc just so that the guilt is reduced :D. 

So without much rant here's the recipe...



Pasta Salad with Yogurt Dressing

Ingredients:
Pasta - Fusili or any other shape - 2 handfuls
Apple - 1, cored and chopped
Green, red, yellow Capsicum - 1 cup, deseeded and chopped

For dressing:
Yogurt - 1/4 cup
Mayonaise - 4 Tbsp
Olive Oil - 1 Tbsp
Vinegar - 2 tsp, optional
Italian dried herbs - Thyme/Oregano - 1 tsp
Salt                  - ¼ tsp or as per taste
Black pepper powder - ½ tsp or as per taste
Method:
  • Cook pasta as per the instructions on the pack, and allow to cool completely
  • Core and chop apples; Deseed and chop capsicum. 
  • Mix these in a large bowl
  • in another small bowl, mix the ingredients for dressing.
  • Give a good shake, and add it to the salad
  • Mix well and serve
Notes:

  • Add the dressing just before serving as the pasta absorbs the liquid and becomes dry.
  • If the dressing seems thick, thin it out by adding a little water or buttermilk 

4 comments:

Thank you for stopping by! And Thank you more for choosing to drop a line for me! Your comments are a source of inspiration to me :)